RE: [VAL] Back to Magic Chef

Hi Forrest,

Your instructions are crystal clear.  It is obvious that we have the same
unit.  I went through all the ways that I could shut down gas to the oven
pilot without disrupting everything else in the coach.  Your idea of making
sure it is completely closed is just right.

I assume that completely closed would mean that the valve screw would be
screwed downward in a clockwise direction.  I can check this by trying to
light the pilot.  If it doesn't light than no gas is getting through.

On the rare occasions when we are baking a cake or a roast turkey, we just
unscrew the pilot and 'light er up".  I am very much an anal minimalist.  I
want everything in my coach to work and I upgrade only when I find an after
market product that is superior to the Airstream technology.

Using the gas stove frees up our smaller Cuisinart Toaster Oven Broiler to
work on a separate dish using electricity.  That's a nice balance of power.
We also have an Emerson microwave that is small and Stainless Steel like the
Cuisinart.  I am trying to keep the SS or aluminum look throughout the
coach.  Even got an old chrome Osterizer Blender with a real sculpted glass
beverage container / chopper.

I surely love my 1966 Safari Airstream

Bob Kiger
www.cruiserbob.com