Re: [VAL] Introduction

Bob,
Don't feel bad about leaving your trailer permanently hooked up. This is
much better use than leaving them out in the woods to rot away  unloved. I
have an assortment that were found like this and it is a lot of work to
bring them back.
Yes I have stuck with the list through all of the changes. Many people have
switched over to Airstream forums so things are quiet here sometimes but
it's still very informative.
My business broadened it's horizons last year and  started taking in Vintage
Airstream restoration work. We have been quite busy and have completed some
major projects for clients. We are in the process of creating a website to
show off some of our work and let people know what we are capable of doing.
Pearl passed away last year. Her trailer was up for sale last spring and I
think it remained in the California area. I think she was one of the last
people to take advantage of the lifetime guarantee. I have a 59 Ambassador
International that remained with the original owner through to 1999 when he
passed away. It's really nice finding well cared for one owner trailers.
Mine even came with the original barkcloth drapes that are in great
condition. Apparently the original owner kept it under a car port it's
entire life.
Looking forward to hearing some of your Airstream trials and tribulations
over the past couple of years.
Colin Hyde