RE: [VAL] Introduction

Hi Colin,

You cut with lazer like precision to my true confession.  I have decided to
leave the Airstream full time in Mira Mar Mobile Community, overlooking the
Pacific and a short 200 yard walk to the sand.

This is a rent control senior park and is extremely hard to get into.  When
I turned 55 I lucked out by getting the park manager to accept my shiny
vintage Airstream.  She was previously against Airstreams and other aluminum
coaches, wanting all units in the park to be "Park Models" a 10' wide house
that drops in and stays put :(

But after 5 years here, I have only pulled it out 2 times.  Once for
maintenance and the second time to visit a San Diego Wally Byam chapter
meeting at nearby Camp Pendleton.

Mira Mar management frowns on moving any coach in / out with frequency.
They pride themselves as a Mobile Community as opposed to an RV park.  So I
conformed and made do by making my Airstream into my pride in the Park :)

I will post new pictures soon.  Have done some nice landscaping with potted
plants including a beautiful Juniper near the front door.  I can still pull
it out, but such ocassion would be rare.

All maintenance is now done on site.  I have future plans of adding a
California Room which I will have designed by an art deco architect out of
complimentary materials to the Airstream.

All travelling has been done with the 1973 Ford CamperVan, which is a
capable puller.  My trips have been mostly to the desert and Mexico, so I am
more happy with the short wheel base and no trailer.  I am considering a
hitch mount off road capable motor scooter to get from remote campings to
town and for exploration.  Anybody that has such a scooter please let me
know how you like it.
I am not interested in a bigger dual sport motorcycle.  A 25-45 mph scooter
with big wheels for sandy road will work for me.

That's about it for now.  How have you been Colin?  Have you stuck with the
list through all the changes?  How is Pearl in Hemet?  Have often wanted to
visit her.

Aloha,
Bob Kiger
http://cruiserbob.com