Re: [VAL] Baby Moons

I just recently found a set of baby moons for my 1963
trailer. The wheels are from a 1971 Airstream, with
the clips inside the  hub area.
The original split rims on t he trailer had this same
clip arrangement.
The hub caps came from a vintage Ford parts supplier,
and are available with no logo.
They fit a 1940/48 Ford passenger car, or a 1940-1956
pickup.
Mfg. Vintique Inc.
part number 01AS-1130SS
The hubcaps are nice quality, chrome over stainless
steel.
They go on tight, but look and fit excellent.
The contour of the wheel hub is followed nicely.
I found that the only way to get a good fit is by
actually taking a wheel down to the parts house and
try them on. I had mail ordered by size before, and
returned them because they either looked bad, were
cheaply made, or did not fit.
These ones fit great, although tight, and look just
like the originals without the groove around the
outside edge. The fit is great for Airstream wheels
with the clips in the center.

cheers,

Uwe Salwender
Orange CA