[VAL] Re: Still Here!

 Hi All,

I'm still alive. "Pearl" and I are holed up at my Mom's awaiting the end of school
when we can take off for the International and home in Colorado!

I'm putting the solar panels to the test as I don't have electricity for Pearl.
So far so good. I sweep the snow off the panels to keep them clear to the sun.
Is it possible to overcharge the batteries while using solar?

Next question. I'm going to hate to do it but I'll have to buy a cap for my new
Silverado to protect all my stuff when I leave NY. I asked Hunter's group for
suggestions and thought the vintage group might have some thoughts on which
kind, what options, brand, etc. I bought the 2500 HD Diesel with a crew cab and
short bed. It has beautiful chrome bed rails on it that will have to come off
to put a cap on which is why I'm sad.

I'll also have to get a new brake controller and adjust my Reese hitch bar for
the height difference. I sure am having fun driving around Long Island with a
diesel truck! Ha! Can't even drive on the parkways cause NY insists on
commerical plates with a pick-up! Should be a great tow vehicle, it's the same
length as Pearl!!

Patti