[VAL] '54 Liner

Hello List,
Today was a historic day.  Picked up the '54 and pulled it about 80 miles
with no incident.  Florida DMV was nice enough to provide a temp tag for a
mere $5 and I had put some trailer lights on to be totally legal.  I need to
start a title search now to convince Fla to give me a title.  Not sure what
all will be involved yet.  We did leave a lot of tire tread pieces along the
highway as the street side tires simply disintegrated.  They held together
enough to keep towing though - about 40 MPH.  The rig will definitely need a
new set of tires to be moved again.  I've got to find someone to work on the
split rims first.  On that note, I have seen threads about replacement rims.
Can someone provide some info on that subject?  As I remember split rims are
very dangerous.  The trailer is still available to anyone who wants to
restore it.  It needs a total rebuild, some body work as a tree fell on it
during the past hurricanes, and of course tires, propane tanks and as far as
I can tell most everything else.  I didn't have time to see if it had any
tanks left under the trailer, but there are none inside.  About the only
thing inside is the sink and sink base and one cabinet over the sink.  It
has an AC, but obviously not working and the cover is missing.  The front
vent cover is also missing but it is under cover now.  There was a flimsy
piece of sheet metal over the top but only lasted for the first 5 miles of
towing.  Luckily we saw it coming off so we stopped and got it down before
it flew into any other vehicles.  Again, if you are interested in the
trailer, please contact me off list.  I can keep it for some months, but not
forever and simply don't have the time for the total restoration.
Pete