Re: [VAL] Under body spare tire carrier

Hi Gary, the only minor problem has been slight scuffing of the front of
the trailer, which I could deal with by doing as you say, pulling the
tire snug up to the LP bottles with a strap of some sort.  But the real
reason I guess is that I am thinking about building a battery carrier to
fit in that space on the A frame, to accomodate a 2 battery set up and
to a) get  the battery gases outside of the trailer, and b) move the
additional weight (adding the second battery) to the front of the
trailer.  As part of the plan, the heavy univolt is also going to go
(have already purchased the Inteliverter w/ Charge Wizard).

With the 30' Sovereign, I haven't seen any sign of frame flexing/droop,
but it has been my longer-term goal to get weight off the rear (of the
trailer, that is)!!!

So moving the spare tire is not so much because it's in a bad spot, as
that it is "facing competition" for the real estate it occupies.

Thanks--
John