Re: [VAL] Under body spare tire carrier

Hi John:

Just curious, but what is wrong with carrying the tire behind the bottles?

I carry mine there, restrained by a nifty (if I do say so myself) hidden
chain system.  I also cover it with a black tire cover.  To keep it against
the bottles instead of the sheetmetal of the front of the trailer, I have a
pair of bungee cords that originate behind the tire (the chains) and appear
at the outside top of each bottle.

Works great for me and has for a number of years now.  If you want to know
more detail or see some pictures, let me know.

If not, good luck with the underbody one.

GQ '67 Safari
4082 in CA