[VAL] RE: When Detectors go off, which on?

Our 02 A/S came with a smoke and LP detector but no CO detector, so I
upgraded. I realized that with 3 detectors, it would be nice to know which
one was screaming.  I did some research and found the Kidde made a talking
alarm.  It first sounds the alarm then states whether it is the fire/smoke
or the CO detector.  So in my setup, if an alarm goes off and there is no
feedback, then it is the LP detector.  I agree that whenever an alarm goes
off, it is better to bail and then figure it out, it also is a good idea
what is alarming.  For instance, if it is the LP detector, then care should
be exercised during egress NOT to make sparks (unless you want to hear the
fire/smoke alarm as well).  The talking Kidde alarm is not certified for RV
use, but the difference between RV and non RV use is the alarm's ability to
withstand the vibrations of travel.  As the alarm is easily removed, we just
take it down and store it in between the bed and the pillows.  We also
remove the batteries in it during storage.

David & Bret
WBCCI 7548