[VAL] Carbon Monoxide Detectors?

On Nov 02/04, Chaplain Kent responded to question re: safety of propane
furnaces (like Suburban) and said "you need to have a carbon monoxide alarm
in your Airstream. Make sure it is one manufactured for use in an RV."

NO question there!

BUT -- What is the difference between an "RV" CO detector and one intended
for household use?

Also -- where do I install the CO detector? (we have 1971 Safari with
Suburban furnace, Magic Chef range, and fridge up front in the galley and
hot water heater near the rear bath.)

Thx
Marg in Pac NW