[VAL] Re: My Univolt has turned on me

Glyn-

Upon the recommendation of others on this (particularly Ed E at the
Door County Wi rally last summer- thanks Ed!) list I replaced my
Univolt with an Intelli-Power with charge wizard, by Progressive
Dynamics. I purchased through Kleven Enterprises of Daleville, AL,
phone (334)347-2063. They had the best price last summer.
The converters are available in different amperages. I called the
factory and asked what our old Univolt was and matched it with a 60 amp
unit. Over sizing is not good.

The Intelli-power has worked well. it's much smaller, lighter, and
quieter than the old Univolt. My only complaint is with the charge
wizard; it operates in different modes depending on demand and charge
level of the battery. When ours is charging aggressively, it cycles a
few times a minute- evidenced by the lights growing brighter and dimmer
alternately. I have not taken the time to work through a diagnosis of
this. PD assures me they will replace the charge wizard if I deem it to
be defective based on their testing criteria.

Best,

Chris K
1979 Int'l Sov @ 31'
Still in the lone star state- Padre Island- but headin' west...