RE: [VAL] Re: Flag display

Hello,
I have been reading the "Flag" post for the past couple of days and
thought I would add my experience. I run 3 flags and I'm considering
going to 5. I fly the past president, VAC, WI and of course the US flag.
I would like to add the Canadian and Mexican flags or others I feel like
flying (Packers, WBCCI, Cleveland Indians, Finnish etc) and have read
the rules in the Blue Book on this a couple of times. Just as an FYI,
when I approached my Region President he even said that he was going to
add some more flags to his arsenal, and asked me to address it in my
Region Blue Beret article which I did. The bottom line is I have seen
different kinds of flags flying at Unit, Region and International
Rallies and have not had someone tell me they were told to take down the
non-traditional flag (in WI YOU tell that Packer fan he can't fly
his/her Packer flag!). I have found that as long as it is tasteful it
fly's. (and the definition of tasteful can be debated).

I have copied some of that Blue Beret article I wrote, and just as an
FYI I didn't get flack for it the WBCCI just removed the stuff in
parenthesis! This goes to show that they don't like the mention of other
UNAUTHORIZED flags and free speech in the WBCCI can be questioned! I
will address this editing of my article now that I had a chance to
compare what I originally wrote and what was printed with the BB
editorial staff:

There's not a more impressive sight than flags flying over a shiny
Airstream at a rally on a sunny mid-summer afternoon. As the winter cold
sets in, I'm lucky to have a photo of this wonderful image to remind me
of the up-coming rally season. Flag flying is one of the more unique and
enjoyable aspects of being an Airstreamer and we in the WBCCI have taken
this tradition to new levels. The flag of the United States, Canada and
Mexico are the cornerstones to our flag arsenal, we can add from there.
I am currently flying in addition to my U.S. flag, a Past President and
Wisconsin state flag. To this group I add my Vintage Airstream Club flag
resulting in a display of wind whipped color. Our flag displays are
symbols of who we are, some of us fly the flag of our country alone
demonstrating our patriotism, the different officer and past officer
flags show dedication to the continuance of the club and state pride is
flown in many sizes and shapes. (Removed By the WBCCI: Sports teams are
well represented in Region 7 flag flying including baseball, hockey and
of course football with the Packers leading the way. You will also see
some others such as the flag of Great Britain, Airstream, the new WBCCI
flag, Jolly Roger, Harley Davidson, Peterbuilt a other special interest
groups and product supporters.) With the holiday and gift giving season
upon us this is a perfect time to get your favorite WBCCIer a new flag,
get creative with your ideas and help improve the rally skyline! What
ever you decide, decide to fly a flag and continue a great WBCCI
tradition.

Wow, just when I thought I was making headway and they (the WBCCI)were
opening their minds they turn around and censor my article! Thanks List
for opening my eyes, again What happened to free speech?.
Ed
WBCCI/VAC 4425
68 Sovereign
59 Traveler