Re: [VAL] furnace noise

Tim,

It is a Suburban furnace. The motor is on the outside of the heater box,
with a fan belt going to a pulley. Squirl cage fan is inside the heater
housing.

When I turn on the therostat located over the twin bed, the noise begins,
the motor with the fan belt is not energizing and is not turning. It does
turn freely by hand so it's not locked up or binding. The noise is in that
area and fairly loud at first.. then peters off.  I didn't leave it on long.

I figured the furnace set up is typical.... ie gas burner, heat exchanger,
temp sensor that switches on the fan blower on when heat exhanger reaches
operating temp... That's about it..

anyway.. I will check it out more.  I just to know if there was an
additional fan I should be looking for.

(the water pump wouldn't come on for any reason when the thermostat is on
does it?? )   Is there a switch somewhere for the water pump?

Thanks to both of you for your replys and trying to help.

Brian