[VAL] Airstream Bambi for sale.

    All,

    There's an Airstream Bambi for sale near my house right here in Santa
Monica at the corner house of 18th. & Georgina.  I went by it a few minutes
ago and got a phone number and took a few notes about her appearance.  The
number on the for sale sign is 310.458.5365.

    If I had to guess, I'd say it was a 1961 to 1963 Bambi.  There are seven
sections to the end caps and the water fill is on the curbside front.
There's a small access door on the streetside just aft of the end cap just
above the banana skin that's more a small square than it is a larger
horizontal rectangle.  There are a set of three rows of louvered vents under
the rear window and beneath that is a roughly 3-foot wide by 2 1/2 foot wide
by 15 inch deep metal storage box under those louvers.  The box takes most
of the space beneath the license plate bracket, such that the plate is
mounted on the back of the box.  The original plate light and bracket is
still on the back but with only inches between it and the box lid.

    I have only seen her from the street other than when I put my card in
the jalousie (sp.?) window in the door a bit more than a week ago before the
for sale sign went up, but that was in the middle of the night so I can't
describe the curb side.

    The rear, street side and front metal looks pretty darned good except
for the expected dings to the banana skin at the streetside front and a
round patch beneath the streetside tail light that appears to be slightly
larger in diameter then that red lens.

    I suppose I could take some digital photos of her if anyone were
interested but it would probably have to be tomorrow to get it in the sun
unless someone emails back right away.  But then maybe the owner has some
already.

    Good luck to someone,

Glyn Judson
1969 Caravel #508