RE: [VAL] Springfield to I-81 in Virginia

Greetings Paul!

I am not a fan of Interstate travel when towing either of my coaches, and
have made the trip from Anna, IL to Hays, KS frequently entirely avoiding
the Interstate system.  From Sikeston, Missouri, I would recommend US60 West
- - it is improved four-lane much of the way between Sikeston, MO and
Springfield, MO - - and while not identified as a scenic route, I thoroughly
enjoy the scenery along this route and there are a number of RV friendly gas
stations along the route as well.  I usually plan an early lunch stop in
Sikeston at Lamberts Cafi, home of Throwed Rolls (on Malone Street/US 62).

It has been more than a decade since I last made the trip from Paducah, KY
to Chatham, VA so am afraid that I cant provide any assistance with
alternates.

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359