[VAL] copper?!

Hello all-

I'm trying to repair a split in the exterior copper water supply for
city water hook-up on our 1979 31' Int'l Sov. We accidentally left some
water in the line during a cold spell in December. The copper appears
to be neither 1/2" or 3/4". It actually measures 5/8" O.D. Neither I,
nor any of the assorted hardware stores I've visited between Dallas and
our current location (Galveston Island) have ever heard of 5/8". One
hardware guy insisted that it must have been 1/2", but that it swelled
when it froze. However, the entire length of copper appears to be this
diameter, so I rather doubt it.

Can anyone confirm that I'm dealing with 5/8" copper, and if so, where
I might find some replacement parts?

BTW- I intend to plumb in a drain, so that I can empty the exterior
water line during cold weather, hopefully avoiding this debacle in the
future..

Thanks!

Chris K.