[VAL] Re: Shirley's Factory Tour Pictures

Hi Tom:

    Yes, that is some of the old wives' tales concerning Wally Byam's
trailer history.  Deeper research since YK 2000 has dispelled that myth
and got many of the facts and dates straightened out.

     A few years ago I was told by a founding VAC member that early
postwar Airstreams had two "D" shaped windows front and back.  I imagine
his misinformation came, in large part if not wholly, from seeing the
mislabeled Curtis Wright Clipper sitting outside the Airstream factory
Service Center in Jackson, Center, OH.  I like to follow Ronnie Regan's
advice: trust, but verify. :)

    Tom, Best New Year's Wishes to you and Marilyn!

Warmest regards,

Fred Coldwell