RE: [VAL] LP valve question

Chris,
I've found a lot of retailers that will refill a partial tank and only
charge for what they filled.  The biggest chain is Flying J gas stations.
They have very good prices and you can join their club free and get a
discount on gas and LP.  I think Loves does the same thing.  You can also
get a regulator which will automatically cross from the empty tank to the
full one.  You select the tank you want to start with, open both valves and
the regulator takes it from there.  Very handy in cold weather, especially
in the middle of the night, which like you said is always when the tank runs
out.
Good luck
Pete