[VAL] replacement chassis

Thank you to S W Sandy regarding contacting Anthony Slocock, which I have
done, unfortunately I have not been able to obtain a reply to date.

Regarding previous correspondence re the chassis on my trailer (this trailer
was purchased from a serving police officer who assured me the chassis was in
very sound condition, with the exception of the point where the axle joined on
to the chassis, which only required a minor plating job according to him !!!!)
it was only after we removed the entire aluminium belly skin and insulation
material, that we discovered the full extent of the horror lying underneath.
The corrosion is so extensive as to make it impossible to obtain any metal
thickness or accurate dimensions.

I really would value any comment concerning the viability of undertaking a
chassis replacement, both on a time & cost basis, as far as I know this is the
only 6.7mtr Minuet that I have come across in the UK.

Regarding Charlie & Betty Burkes most informative email dated 30th November,
is it possible to lift the whole cabin unit including the floor as one after
the internal furniture has been removed to access the necessary chassis
releasing points? or is it as I think I understand from that email, that the
cabin has to be separated from the floor which is subsequently released from
the chassis?.

I'm sorry if I appear dense regarding this matter, but I don't exactly have a
lot to work with in the chassis department !! and it certainly sounds as
though this is going to be a far more involved project than I ever
anticipated. Would it be most prudent to call it a day at this stage on a
purely sanity basis?.

Thank you in anticipation of your kind assistance again regarding this
matter.

Regards,

David Sweetmore.