Re: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V2 #89

Dick,

You missed the point of my question.

If he connected or you connected it to 120 vac power that had less than a 30
AMP breaker installed on that line -- it would blow the breaker.

You just might have an A/C on that Airstream that works as long as it gets
enough power to start -- meaning it needs to have 30 AMP service to the
outlet you are plugging into.

All of my house outlets, even the ones that have ground-fault protection are
15-AMP and possibly there's maybe a 20-AMP breaker in there as well.  Maybe.

However, when I tried running my A/C on my 1969 Airstream Intl Ambassador it
would let the fan run BUT the compressor would not *start up*.  Quite
possibly I couldn't hear the compressor trying to start but I remember that
NO cold air came out of the A/C when plugged into ANY of my 120 vac house
outlets.  Reason?  NONE of them had the 30-AMP service.

That's all I was trying to get to in my post to you.

OK?  I don't know you nor your friend and wouldn't know in the first place
that he was a friend of yours (you didn't say originally) and since this
person has never dealt with me personally I have no idea if he'd try to
cover anything up with me or you.  OK?

Tom