[VAL] RE: VAL Digest V2 #86

Jon wrote:

>I have heard so many horror stories about travelling
>through Mexico that it never occured to me that one
>might drive to Belize

I've never been on a caravan through Mexico but I have traveled quite a bit,
both in Baja and on the mainland. I have a '63 Bambi and go by myself with
my dogs. And I've never had a problem - the friendliest, most helpful people
I have ever met. I wouldn't drive in Mexico City and I wouldn't travel
through any of the areas where drug trafficking is the primary industry, and
I don't drive at night or very fast, but it is a beautiful country with so
much to see that I wouldn't want to anyway! Thousands of people camp there
from the United States every year with very few problems. - Sherry