Re: [VAL] Re: window question

    Tom,

    I'm far from an authority on the subject but can tell you about the
quarter window Vince and Virginia lost in their 1969 Globetrotter.  Visit
their web site at http://www.pe.net/~breaktek/darkrmpro/airstream/ and note
the chunks of glass in the image of the damaged window in the snow.  Also
scroll down to see the photo of the cushion at the curbside window and
Virginia's caption referencing glass being everywhere.

    Wouldn't that suggest that these windows are of the tempered type as
opposed to laminated?  Trust me, I know nothing of what I speak but thought
I'd send you their site for you to judge.

    What do you think?

    As you know all too well, I'm constantly polling the members of the VAL
for needed parts to complete the restoration project of my 1969 Caravel. It
seems that the list never ends as I still need a few odds and ends.

    I currently am looking for:

    1.  Six cone-shaped window lift rod ends. (see attached image)

    2.  An overhead vent fan.  It's the type that has the mounting bracket
from curbside to street side with the on-off switch on the bracket.
Apparently my existing screen below it has to be modified with a brass
grommet punched through for finger access to the switch.  This fan may have
been unique to the 1969 but am not sure.

    3.  Eight feet of original gold anodized I-beam curtain track and five
gold brackets for under the three front windows.

    4.  A complete older model Zip Dee of any length for the curbside.

    5.  A curbside access door of that year just like the one you can see in
Vince and Virginia's Globetrotter in the enlarged image of it at poolside.
(Roughly 20" X 24" usable open space).  I do have a lead on a 12" X 24" but
would prefer one more square.

    Can you suggest any Airstream salvage yards I might contact for these
items?

    Glyn

Caravel, window knob