Re: [VAL] Toilet gasket.

    Ed,

    Not to diminish your concern for safety, but it was a common practice
where I used to work to use a fork lift fitted with what they called a
diving board for technicians to enter or get above the spacecraft we built
at Hughes Space & Communication here in SoCal.

    It was a two man operation with the driver never leaving the controls.
The techs would lie on the diving board and reach below the board to do
their work.

    The diving board was probably 24-30" wide and about seven or eight feet
long and covered with several layers of closed cell foam.  Of course, the
tech had to be wearing a safety harness before going up.

    I think if a team were to work together, it might be safe enough with an
improvised diving board and harness and a fork lift on level ground to
repair roof leaks.  What do you think given the above measures?

    Glyn