Re: [VAL] Re: Moving Trailer from Texas to Washington

    Joann,

    If you come up with nationwide company or a regional (Central Cal to
SoCal) that might be willing to work with us, I'm sure I as well as the List
would appreciate hearing from you with the result of your search.

    I know right now that I can rent a U-Haul 14 foot truck.  And you do
too, remember our pulling up to your house with it?   But I'd love to rent
something something next time that's not so GIGANTIC and butt ugly as that
monstrous box truck sometime in the future.

    As I type this it occurs to me that a U-Haul pickup might fit the bill.

    Update:  I just got off the phone with my local U-Haul who tell me that
I can rent a GMC Sierra pickup with V8 Vortex engine, powerful enough to
pull my 3,000 pound Caravel.  The rates are $19.95 per day and 79 cents per
mile Sunday through Thursday.  Weekends are the same daily rate but $1.19
per mile.  They went on to tell me that I can rent it for one or two weeks
and that the daily mileage rate would be based upon what day I rented it but
would prevail throughout the entire period.  That is to say that if I rented
it for a week and picked it up on a Thursday, I'd be billed at 79 cents per
mile for the entire week, even through the weekend.

    Is there anything better out there or should I consider myself lucky at
those prices?

    Thanks,

    Glyn