Re: [VAL] Re: Moving Trailer from Texas to Washington

      Actually, that doesn't sound too bad if you figure in
depreciation, insurance and capital tied up in a pickup that you buy.
Plus you walk away from it when you don't need it. Someone used the
term "investment" in talking about buying versus renting but I have
never considered a vehicle much of an investment, but more similar to
my minidisasterous attempt to invest in a mutual fund).
      Say a 2 wk, 2000 mile trip. Truck expense (not counting gas which
would be used no matter whose truck it is) would be $1860 at $20/day
and $0.79/mile unless my math is off. Let's see... if you made 10
trips/year like this, $18600....etc..... so this whole deal would
involve looking at your actual travel plans very objectively which I
would just as soon not do.
Jo Ann