[VAL] Re-joining after a long absence...need advice!

Good Morning,

I was a member of this list as well as Hunter's a while back. I enjoyed the
community and the information, but I sold my 66 Caravel to a movie company
(still kicking myself) and kind of faded away.

I see Jim Dunmeyer still posts. (Hello Jim!) He was new back when I was and
hadn't even considered an Avion yet.

Anyway, I now have a beautiful 63 Globetrotter. I've been tinkering with it
half-heartedly, but now I'm ready to embark on a cross country trip and need to
address some issues:

1. My Bowen water heater. Pilot will stay lit only when holding knob in the
pilot position. Main gas never kicks in. Does the tank need water in it for the
system to work? (It's empty now)

2. The Carlson furnace won't stay lit. It will light properly and run for maybe
10 minutes, then I hear a "click" and it shuts off. There are four small
thermostat type connections on the propane control unit, and there is a
thermostat in the trailer. I've tried it with the thermostat connected and
dis-connected. Same result.

I know you guys have probably answered questions exactly like this countless
times. I looked through the archives but couldn't find a solution.

Please help if you can!

Thanks,

Courtney