[VAL] Bambi axle replacement

Hello all,

I need some info and advice on an axle replacement for a '63 Bambi.  It's my
understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that there is not a current Henschen
replacement for the original Bambi axle.  It seems that the Dexter Torflex is
the axle of choice for this replacement.  Has anyone done this?    For anyone
who has installed a Torflex (on any model), what is your opinion of this axle?
Are shocks required or can the Torflex handle all the suspension?

At the same time the axle is replaced, I need to consider a couple other
things as well; wheels and tires.  I know many vintage Bambi owners switch out
the original 13" rims in favor of 14" rims.  With a lower profile radial tire,
the overall ride height seems roughly the same.  I would like to fit this
trailer with whitewall tires; maybe even wide whitewalls.  I would like to get
some opinions on this subject and perhaps some recommendations for whitewall
trailer tires.  I have been looking at tires at www.cokertire.com.

For a radial on a 14" rim, I am looking at something like this:
http://www.cokertire.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=17374&cat=358&page=1

Am I on track?  I'm not very well educated on the difference between
trailer-specific tires and auto tires.  Any advice is appreciated.

More questions to follow.

Thanks,
Wally