[VAL] Tundra towing - JoAnn

JoAnn - I just traded my 2001 Tundra in on a Honda Pilot and have redefined
my
towing plans.  I'll use my 1977 Mercury wagon in the future.

I loved my Tundra - the smoothest - quietest vehicle I've ever owned.  It
was a great highway road car.

I did a little towing with it - car trailer towing - and it was up towards
the limit of it's towing capacity - and it was in hilly two-lane road
territory.  The transmission had to hunt a lot even with the Overdrive off -
and I had to really work the gas pedal - and I felt that if I did much more
towing like that  ( at the Tundra's upper limits) - I'd want to keep it on
the freeway.

There wasn't a transmission temp gauge - but I think there was an idiot
light for transmission temperature.

Take care of your transmission - no matter what load you pull.

RL