Re: [VAL] winterizing the water system (1971 LY Safari 23')

> After draining, do I pour some RV non-toxic antifreeze in to the
> freshwater
> tank, through the same "inlet" that I would fill the freshwater tank -
> right?

NO....  You must Pump it into your pipes via your pump.

> I understand that I also need to pour RV non-toxic antifreeze down
> each of
> the drains (to winterize the u-bend in the drains (ie the traps) of the
> bathroom basin / shower drain in floor / galley sinks)

When you PUMP the Pink antifreeze into your piping system using your
Pump you will run all outlets until you see Pink coming out.  This will
fill your drain traps at every sink and drain.

> 1. what about the hot water heater?

You drain the water heater then bypass the Inlet to the Outlet.

> 2. Do I have to do anything to the freshwater pump?

You use the pump to place the antifreeze in the system.

> 3. What about the toilet - not sure when it was last used?

Flush the toilet until Pink antifreeze is running out.
> 4. Black water tank?

Drain the Black water tank.

> I do not believe that there is a grey water tank - but how can I check?

Do you have 2 drains ?

> This trailer is new to us, and I don't know when there was last any
> water in
> the system - but I would rather be safe than sorry in our chilly winter
> climate in the interior Pac NW

You Need to have a Pro Help you out with this for the first time...
Otherwise you will wreck a good Airstream.

Dean  WBCCI 2486