[VAL] a natural? Argosy on E-bay

There is an Argosy on E-bay that appears to have been stripped and
polished - at least sort-of.

If you've ever wondered what it might look like - here are the photos.

item # 2490516940

RL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50063&item=2490516940&rd=1

1974 Argosy 22' Travel Trailer made by Airstream
Winning bid: US $3,650.00
Ended: Sep-26-04 20:52:04 PDT
Start time: Sep-19-04 20:52:04 PDT
History: 8 bids   (US $3,000.00 starting bid)
Item location: Fort Worth, Texas
You are bidding on a 22 foot Argosy Travel Trailer that is in great condition, newly reupholstered furniture and recently placed tile. It has only had three owners and has been well cared for. Description and pictures are below: Outside: it has a dual axle and has all original working windows, air unit blows very cold air, missing canvas but all hardware is included and is in excellent condition. There is one minor dent that is located on the right front side corner. Inside: the furniture has just been reupholstered in a contemporary style and are in excellent condition. Refridgerator, stove,hot water heater, sinks, toilet, and stand-up shower are all in good working condition. The bathroom sink is the only place that has no hot water. Brand new, hand made curtains on windows. Camper sleeps four as both couches let out into full-size beds that sleep very comfortably. The countertop is ok but can easily be replaced according to your taste. New battery is also included. Has a roll-out antennae on top and plenty of storage within. If you have any further questions, please email me before bidding. Local pickup of the trailer can easily be arranged or other arrangements might be possible if you contact us before you bid.
This Photo script courtesy of www.dyn-web.com
Questions from other buyers
Q: Can you tell me what this weighs and the trailer ball size? Mark A: The ball size is 2&5/8, we do have a stablizer bar, weight disturbter, a hitch that slides into the receiver that we are willing to sell to the buyer of the camper for $300.00. This is a "reese" brand. Let me know if I answered everything you needed to know. Q: how much does it weigh? thanks A: 4000 lbs., we have sway bars and we have pulled it with a F-150 302 (motor)with no problem. We have also pulled it with a Ford Bronco, again no problem and last but not least with a GMC family van ( I don't know what motor it had, I'm the wife answering this. My husband is at work. Any more questions, just ask, Like I said we have had it for 7 years and the people that had it before that are now, the lady is 74 and the man died 4 years ago and I think they said they bought it from a older couple in 1977. Q: Hi, Are there a few dents on the outside? How would you describe the exterior? Thanks A: There are a few very small dings, I ding right hand front panel,back roof corner dent (all are minor). The camper panels can be replaced, none of this wis due to hail damage, it doesn't take hail damage. There has been a lot of questions that make this camper not sound too good, but I really asure you that it is in wonderful shape to be a 1974, and this is a collector item. Q: Hello, (again)... I was sure I had asked you about the bathroom? And if you could send a few pic's of it? I didn't see my question appear in the questions, and haven't received anything yet. Thanks, Blake A: I must not have received your e-mail, sorry. The bathroom has a shower, no tub. The hot water in the sink does not work, it has just been capped off. This is the 1st time that I have used e-bay so, yes I will send pictures of the bathroom,if I can figure out how. It will be Friday 24th before I can do this. Q: what size fresh water tank, grey tank, other waste tank? A: I know that this is going to sound crazy, but even after owning it for 7 years, we don't know the sizes of the tanks. We have always stayed at "Full Hook-Up" places. We do have the orignal Airstream service manual and we couldn't even find it in it, either. I'm sorry that I couldn't help you. Q: I want this trailer. It is magnificent. My mother lives outside of FortWorth. Unfortunately, I don't. We may be able to have it relocated to Keene until I could pick it up. Is that possible? Less desirable alternative is to have it shipped via a shipping co. Are you willing to work with one, assuming I set it up? A: We would be willing to tow it to Keene for you so that we can make sure that it doesn't get damaged. Q: From the photos it appears there is also a dent on the left front also. From the side view appears dents on the door and side of trailer. Is that correct? A: There is a dent on the left side, but the panel can be removed and replaced. There is a Air Stream RV store in Dallas that can help with this. It would be very easy to do this yourself. There aren't any more dents. Q: What is the condition of tires, wheel bearings, lights & brakes? Is it presently in trailerable condition? Is that primer on the steel cap panels front & back? Is any corrosion taking place now at the junctures to the aluminum panels now that they are partially exposed to the elements? A: The tires has good tread but they do have MILD weather cracks. Lights and bracks work just fine along with the run running lights. Yes. it is very mush so able to travel, which we have done untill 2 months ago when we bought a 28 foot. We have really enjoyed it. No this is not primer on the end caps, we was going to paint it ( just the end caps) but then we bought this other camper. NO, there is NO corrosion on this camper at ALL. Also, I don't know if everyone knows this or not but a Airstream and Argosy does NOT get any hail damage. Feel free to ask any other questions. Q: I have often wondered what an Argosy would look like without paint. Did you do the removal? A: Yes, we did, inch by inch which was very time consuming but we really like it better this way. For years I was a paint and body man and we had the intentions of repainting but to us it just looked better, so we kept it like this. Feel free to ask more questions. Q: Hi, Does everything work on the travel trailer? Is or has there been any leaks? Did you or previous owners smoke in the trailer? Any pets? Thanks, Curt A: Yes, everything works in the trailer. NEVER no leaks from the ceiling or elsewhere. No smoking has ever been done in the trailer. We do have a "Golden Reteiver" but when we go camping, she stays outside. Our children are 18 and 15 and we have had this camper for 7 years. We have went camping in all seasons of the year and never was cold (in winter) or hot in (summer) The only reason we are selling is we went to a 28ft. We really have had many good times in it and we hope that someone else will have the same. Also, no one has ever "lived" in this camper Thanks for asking, if I can be of any more help please let me know.