[VAL] seam sealing

Hello,
The fall chill is in the air in the great white north, so its time to close up
the toaster for the season.  I would like to seal the seams near the four
'corners' where the straight sides meet the curved panels at both ends--the
plywood is wet at all corners every time it rains, and the plywood floor
surface is starting to degrade slightly.  The aluminum clearcoat is failing in
places, so stripping and polishing is on the long-term list.
My question:  When I re-seal the seams with Parbond and Vulkem, should I be
removing the clearcoat at the seams before sealing, or can I seal now, and not
worry about the clear under the sealant when it comes time to strip the whole
trailer?

Looking forward to expert opinions,
Gary H.
4slice