RE: [VAL] A question for 1969 owners

Glyn,
Not a 1969 expert, but my '68 has several drain tubes that come from the
check valve and drain fixtures.  Mine are located just behind the toilet on
the street side.  You should be able to follow the tube to its starting
point.  Not likely it is causing your dry rot unless it is leaking while you
have water pressure to the trailer.  More likely the rot was caused by a
leak or the dreaded body separation.  Mine had the latter.  The body
separates from the frame at the rear of the older rear bath models which
allows water to intrude and cause the rot.  I've seen the vent and assume it
is to vent the space between the walls at the rear of the trailer.  No idea
why it is required.
Pete