[VAL] A question for 1969 owners

    All,

    I'm about to tackle the outside electrical problem and to my joy, saw
all the right colored wired unterminated as they came into the rear end.  If
I'm lucky, I'll be able to fish out the proper mates from a hole in the
inner skin in order to hook them up.  I hope that's all that I'll need to
get them all working.

    While scrounging around back there, I again noticed a 1/4" vinyl tube
coming through the access door frame extrusion from below and slightly to
the right of the license plate light.  It extends down to just below the
bottom of that door.

    What is this tube draining if anything and from where?  Could that
account for the dry rot in the rear plywood floor from the center of the
access door just forward of the rear bumper to the curbside corner?

     There's also a screened Wilkie button  (vent?) just below the license
light in the outer skin and above the rear access door frame.  What's that
for?

    Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Glyn