[VAL] Silicone

Thanks, Chris, for replying to my questions about my new 1963 Globetrotter.
We have AC LIGHTS and we have WATER, at least city water. We discovered
where the water comes out. There are 3 small leaks in the water line at the
moment, but easily fixed.   I am happy, since combining gray water and black
water takes up weight and space.    We haven't tested the pressurized
system, the toilet/holding tank or the battery lights yet.  Hopefully before
winter we will have a good understanding of what's working.  As my husband
does that, I am chipping up the tiles.  Oh what fun.  One post said it took
6 hours - that would be nice.  I have numerous hours in and a long way to
go.  The heat gun is coming out tomorrow!

So a new question.  The former owner put A LOT of silicone on the outside
seams up front and along the front and rear windows. It doesn't look pretty.
Now I know with wood interior Shasta's, silicone is a "no, no".  What about
with Airstreams?  How do you get it off?  I did just order some Vulken (sp)
and I guess there is another product  to put above the windows and
gutters?????