[VAL] Dump valve repair - Easier than I thought it would be

Well, as expected, the "Soak the valve in toilet chems" idea from Phred
Sez...." didnt work.

So today I crawled underneath and took a look at the dump plumbing.

The output pipe you hook the hose to is connected with the "Wye" pipe (The
3" "Y" pipe that connects the gray and black tanks to the outlet) with a
rubber sleeve. This is documented in my service manual. What wasn't
documented was the fact that the gray tank end of the "Wye" was connected
to the gray tank valve via another rubber sleeve. I'm not sure if someone
did this afterwards (someone had definitely worked on the plumbing at one
time), or if the trailer came that way. I was expecting to have to cut this.

The Thetford valve on the blank tank was cemented to the "Wye" on one side,
but had a compression connection on the other side, so all I had to do to
remove it was to undo the four bolts that held the Thetford valve to it's
seat and loosen the two rubber sleeves. The Thetford valve then came out,
attached to the "Wye".

Once I took the valve apart, I discovered it wouldn't close due to crud in
the valve's track. This was hard stuff, maybe rust, so that is why the
toilet chems didn't dissolve it.

After cleaning and reassembling everything, it now works like a champ!

Dave