[VAL] Dump valve replacement

Greetings,

Well, the dump valve to the black tank on my '77 31' center bath Sovereign
wont close all the way.

I am currently trying the trick in the latest "Phred Sez....." which
basically has you soak the valve in toilet chems for 24 hours.

Being the pessimist that I am, I am assuming that this wont work.

So, what's involved in fixing this? I assume that I have to replace the
valve, and that everything is glued together, which will mean that a hack
saw is involved in the removal process.

Are the valves still available? Can I get them from a regular RV place or
do I have to get them from Airstream?

Any words of advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave
WBCCI: 5074
1977 31' Sovereign International (center bath)
Cincinnati, Ohio