Re: [VAL] door knob--locked inside!

    All,

    I too had my Bargman L100 lock me in once.  And it was a new one I had
recently bought from C & S RV in Oxnard CA.  Contact them at 805.983.1673.
If memory serves,  paid on the order of $49 for it.  I too had to switch
strikers for the same reason.

    I ended up climbing out the then unscreened front window to get a
screwdriver so as to take it apart.  I tried fiddling with the lock from the
outside (which had locked itself in the process) and using the key, finally
got it to open.  I took the lock apart only to find nothing amiss.  I
reinstalled it and haven't had that problem again

    Ideas anybody?

    On the subject of that screen, I was given useful advice about
installing it some months ago from Gerald?  that I applied just about a week
ago, finally.  I didn't cut the screen with the roller Gerald but there were
a few tense moments when I slipped and rolled away from and not towards the
good part of the cloth.  Phew!

    The spline turned out to be a problem as none of the local screen shops
had the perfect size and I don't live near any RV supply places.

    I actually found a shop that had a roll of spline that was even smaller
and a roll slightly larger.  With his quick advice I took the bigger stuff
and went home to do the deed.

    He advised me to start at the bottom and then work up the sides to the
top.  He also advised that if I pulled the spline a bit, it would reduce in
diameter and go into the slot with the help of the roller tool.

    Marilyn helped me hold the pattern square to the frame and off we went.
Within 20 minutes we had a nice trimmed screen FINALLY in the front window.

    I'm sharing these tricks with the list for those of you who someday plan
to replace your screen material and haven't a clue as to how to start.

    Later,

    Glyn