[VAL] Wire routing access

    All,

    I want to install another factory stock 4- light overhead fixture that I
now have, right where the air conditioner would be if my 1969 Caravel had
one.  That way if ever someone (not me at this point) wanted to fit an A/C
unit, the scarring of the light installation would be cut away for the
larger mounting hole.

    So I have three questions:

        1.  I see a 3/8" or so hole drilled into the vertical side of the
aluminum spacer between the outer and inner skins at the crank up vent on
the curb side.  I assume that's for the optional 12 v. fan that mine does
not have (hmm, maybe I'll add that neat accessory someday).  Are there two
12 v. wires just beyond that hole that could be routed aft to the light I
plan to install?

        2.  Am I opening up a can of worms to drill out the myriad rivets
necessary to move or remove that spacer?

        3.  Will I be able to route those wires, with spliced extra length,
aft and past the ribs between the vent opening and my proposed light
location?

    Thanks in advance to all those who've gone this path before me.

    By the way, I picked up the all newly recovered and newly foamed
cushions last week and I'm picking up the four standard bed pillow shams
today that were finished late Saturday.  I expect to have all the lined
curtains finished by mid week.  Whoopee!

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508
    Santa Monica CA