Re: [VAL] My electric jack

Tom Meeker,
I hate for this to go out to the list but I did not have your e-mail address;
however it will answer the question of my errant jack.
I finally got the cover off and found the hot wire holding on to the switch by
a copper thread. Next I took off the cover to the gear housing to discover
metal shavings and badly worn gears. I cobbled the wiring to test the motor
and it did operate and lift the trailer but the jack did not hold the trailer
up, the gears slipped and the trailer fell. Fortunately  the supports were
still there.
I do not know if this jack is repairable or better said if my talents can
repair it. Can we make a deal for one of your used jacks? My e-mail is:
chaplainkent@wi.rr.com
Thanks, Chaplain Kent

Chaplain Kent