[VAL] 7 pin Connector question

We just got a 1962 Tradewind. I installed a new battery in the battery
box. Coming in to the box are 3 wires.  One red, that goes to the lights
inside the trailer, one red that goes down to the 7 pin connector to draw
12 volt charge from the tow vehicle, and a green ground wire. If I leave
the 12 volt charge wire loose from the battery, and check for continuity.
My tester shows continuity to all connections at the 7 pin connector.  I
would think that only the pin for the charge from the tow vehicle should
show continuity.  Any thoughts where I should look first? I have had
several trailers, but never this problem.  Any help would be appreciated.
Chuck & Lynn