[VAL] 7 pin Connector answer

Having made the offer to Chuck to give a verbal (written) description of the
wiring diagram for his 1962 Tradewind 7-pin connectors, I started wondering if
I could pull that off in a 'gettable' way.

If you're not wiring an old 'Stream 7-pin connector, delete this now,
onaccounta it will be boring, worthless and confusing.  If you ARE messing
with the wires on your old one, be warned that this might confuse you even
more.  I hope not. I'll be using a clock dial to describe some positions.

Anyway, here goes:

On a large sheet of paper, draw two large circles (3"?), side by side.

In the center of each, draw a small circle (1/4").

At 'nine o'clock' and 'three o'clock', draw small circles.

Halfway between the circle at nine and straIght up (12:00), make a small
circle.

Halfway between the circle at nine and straight down (6:00), make a circle.

Do the same with the circle at three o'clock.

You should have:

A large circle, with a small circle in the middle, surrounded by six other
small circles spaced evenly just inside the perimeter, with one circle each at
the nine and three o'clock positions, no circles at twelve or six, but four
circles which would describe an X if connected with straight lines.  Whew!

Now make a little rectangle on top of each of the large circles, to represent
the index key on the plug, or keyway in the socket.  These should look like
your components when looking directly into the connectors.

I'll give the numbers using the clock position.  If, by now, 4:30 isn't
clear...hire somebody.  Here's the dope:

ON THE TRAILER

#1.  4:30  WHITE    GROUND
#2  7:30  BLUE   CHARGE BATTERY FROM TOW VEHICLE
#3  1:30   GREEN   RUNNING LIGHTS
#4  10:30  BLACK   STOP LIGHTS
#5   3:00   RED  LEFT TURN SIGNAL
#6   9:00   BROWN  RIGHT TURN SIGNAL
YELLOW CENTER WIRE IS BRAKES

ON THE TOW VEHICLE

#1  7:30  WHITE  GROUND
#2  4:30  BLUE  CHARGING WIRE
#3  10:30  GREEN  RUNNING LIGHTS
#4  1:30  BLACK STOP LIGHTS
#5  9:00  RED  LEFT TURN SIGNAL
#6  3:00  BROWN   RIGHT TURN
YELLOW CENTER WIRE IS BRAKES

I gotta get my scanner fixed!  Hope this helped somebody out there!

Mark in Modesto