[VAL] best tow vehicle

There are a few non-truck choices for 5000 lb. towing.  I think my '97
Landcruiser is rated at 4500, so that would not do.  But Landcruiser adopted
the Lexus 8 cyl. after '97... perhaps that is rated at 5000 lb. towing
capacity (late 90's Lexus LX4_0's were rated at 5000 lb. FWIW, we are very
happy with our Landcruiser towing our 3300 lb.+ Caravel.
Sometime within the past year there was a discussion on VAL about CARS with
high tow ratings.  AIR there were 4, one of which was the new VW van!  The
problem with towing capacity for vans is all are now front wheel drive.

Cars.com: <<TrailBlazer's towing capacity of 6,400 pounds. ... Tahoe and the
Suburban 2500 ... can tow as much as 7,900 pounds and 12,000 pounds,
respectively, in 2WD form.  ...Astro and Safari ... are truck-based vehicles
with full frames, RWD and the capability to tow up to 5,800 pounds.
Full-size vans, which also are truck based, often fall into the same
category as full-size SUVs in towing capability.>>

Huff
'67 Caravel