Re: [VAL] Re: fixing vintage trailers

Mark, I am not the right person to answer this question, but... in about
1969, Beatrice Foods bought the Airstream Company. By 1973, the gas
shortage had put kind of a crimp in the RV business.  The only actual
design flaw that I know of is that when they added the gray water tank
in 1974, they didn't take that extra weight on the rear bath into
account and some trailers had a problem with saggy butt. Some folks
think that food companies don't know about RV's, and some folks want
only wood in their interiors.

I have been very comfortable in my 29' trailer for 2 months and would
cheerfully run away for longer. When I see the things that I put up on
the floor, I realize that this trailer is pretty tough to take the
pounding of bumps , cattle guards, dirt roads etc.

Maybe someone who has a better grip on the history can be more specific
will chime in.

Daisy