Re: [VAL] Re: fixing vintage trailers

Hi Tim,

On our old 1969 29' Intl Ambassador I need to redo the plumbing lines as
well.  I know what that "sound" of hissing water coming from "somewhere" is
and how frustrating it is when you finally find what blew out this time
around.

How did you fix your plumbing?  Did you go with PEX or copper again?  I'm
tempted to go with rolled copper tubing but that wouldn't be anywhere as
neat as straight runs, lots of soldering joints, angled connectors, etc.
Then again I think PEX would be easy -- maybe because I've never used it
before so yeah, I think it would be easy -- I may be fooling myself here.

I also understand that using PEX requires different sized tools -- Lowe's
told me that they can be rented at Nations Rent or whatever that yellow and
black store is located next to them -- usually, that's what it is around
here, don't recall the "correct" name at this moment.

Did you redo your entire trailer plumbing?  Did you have to gut it to get to
"all" the lines?  Time consuming?  What would you do better next time?

Thanks,
Tom
WBCCI 5303