RE: [VAL] Re: fixing vintage trailers

I replumbed my 67 Tradewind with PEX and Qest fittings, but used all PVC
valves.  Qest fittings are expensive.  The interface from Qest to PVC is
easy because the Qest fittings have 1/2 and 3/4 pipe threads.  I also
used all metal wrapped hose to connect to sinks, the toilet, and shower.
These hoses screw directly to the 1/2 inch thread of a Qest fitting.

While I was at it, I moved the city water input to the trailer side
under the sink and installed valves to select water from the city or the
tank.  I also installed a water heater bypass set of valves.

I now carry a couple of 1/2 and 3/4 caps and plugs so that any faucet
can be disconnected if necessary.

Best Regards,
   Jim