[VAL] dent

Hello everyone: I have been contemplating attacking the dent on the roadside
rear of my 1969 Tradewind.  It is about 10 inches by 10 inches and happened
when I backed into a tree limb that scraped across the trailer and punched it
in.  I have seen others try to "pull" out the metal from the outside without
much success.  I can access the inside by drilling a hole in the fiberglass that
can later be repaired but my question is what will I find on the inside?
Is there a description somewhere of what's beneath the fiberglass?
Insulation, I beams etc.
Before I drill, I thought I'd ask.....always learning!

Thanks for any ideas.

Tom Fairbank
1969 Tradewind
1998 Expedition