[VAL] Re: Cyclo polisher & scratches

Bob-
I would suggest you go after any scratches with a 6" wool bonnet on a low speed
buffer per the advice on Shirley and Arlen's website.  Its what they and
Perfect Polish Tom call "compounding" .  Save the cyclo for taking the swirls
out. [ This the voice of 120 hours of experience compounding with my "scratch
remover"].  If you spend the time and horsepower using the coarsest grade of
either Nuvite or Rolite, you can take out scratches, corrosion, most everything
except deep pits.  It'll take a half a dozen passes to get them out, but the
scratches can be removed. My 1968 never looked better.

John Leggett
San Francisco
WBCCI #1154