Re: [VAL] Re: Propane tanks/opinion

I would like to add an opinion to the mix... I chose to get the aluminum
tank with a gauge primarily because the gauge was original on the Airstream
that we purchased ... I have been very satisfied with the tanks and would
recommend the addition of the gauge as a requirement even if the Airstream
control panel did not have a remote read circuit... being able to lift the
cover and know the level of the gas in each of the tanks without having to
take them off to shake them or weight them is worth a lot to me...
absolutely no guess work... If I had to do it over, I would consider the
40# tank .. certainly nothing less than the 30#.....My regulator is mounted
low at the back of the tank and getting down to see if the tank switched
and then trying to guess when it switched and how soon do I have to have
the empty one filled would no longer be the way to go for me... adding a
gauge is not practical and the strip on the side of the tank depends on
temp and humidity to read the level... pressure gauges are worthless due to
the tank being at the same pressure from full to empty... then it drops to
zero in a hurry...

Jim