Re: [VAL] spring bar brackets

Curtis
How much pressure do you have to apply to the bracket to get it to lock over
center? Once you hook up the trailer you can raise the trailer tongue with the
jack to a little more than level to raise the spring bars into the shackles. I
use a pipe about 16 inches long. It shouldn't take more than like 75-80 foot
pound of pressure to raise the shackle. It should be connected on the 5 or 6th
link but not less than 4.
Check your ball height, it should be at 19.5 inches on average. Once you get
it close you can tilt the hitch head (if it's adjustable) to achieve the
correct height. Normally the hitch head is tilted back (away from tow vehicle)
about 5 -10 degrees to get the desired height and number of links on chain.
Hope this helps. If not give me a call 229-460-5195 or give me your number and
I'll call you.
Bobby