[VAL] Re: Gas oven

Greetings folks,

I just wanted to relate this experience with the oven in my 1962
Globetrotter.  Recently on a camping trip into Yellowstone National Park I
tried to heat some leftovers in the oven.  Interestingly enough the pilot
would not light.  Instead it ignited down at the connecter fitting.   I
couldn't see exaclty what the problem was as it was quite dark, so left it
to later.  I simply turned the oven knob to off.   Today after returning
home I took the fitting loose and discovered that it had broken off form
fatigue.  Evidently from the bouncing action of the burner the aluminum pipe
became broken.  So now I am wondering about other stress areas in the piping
system?  FYI.

GAS

P. S.  We saw a wonderfully pollished early '60's Overlander or Soverign
passing through Powell, Wyoming.  Happy Trails!